Monday, March 31, 2014

The Little Things

I always love my students' lists on their blogs, so I'd like to make my own list about little things I'm thankful for this morning:

1. My little baby Elanor, asleep in her jogging stroller
2. The ability I have to jog with her (slow as it may be!)
3. The fact that my laundry is 3/4 of the way completed
4. The kindness of my friend to loan me her car since ours is not working (it's kind of a long story...)
5. The encouragement I got from reading my sister's blog.
6. The beautiful, sun-shiny day
7. The pancakes we had this morning (even if they were egg-less and a little...um...rumpled)
8. My husband's job that he enjoys
9. Living so close to my husband's job so he can walk or ride his bike
10. My job as a teacher
11. My students who make me want to teach
12. The ability to call or Skype my family, even as we are on opposite sides of the world
13. The not-too-big-and-not-to-small-ness of Manhattan, Kansas
14. Our little home, in all its quirks and imperfections
15. The possibility of getting a new home in the not-too-distant future
16. That God has already decided exactly where we will live (see Acts 17:26)
17. That God is patient and forgiving
18. That God has given us everything that we need for life and godliness in His Word and His Spirit
19. The way my husband shows me the power of the gospel by loving and forgiving me when I am unlovely
20. An encouraged, motivated perspective on the rest of my day

What little things are YOU thankful for today?

                                                                 My birthday hike at Konza Prairie

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder Mrs. Mann! It is often the little things that show us how blessed we are. Hehe, I loved your description of the eggs ... "rumpled" :) Made me smile! Elanor always makes me smile, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Mary Frances! My commenters are few and rare, like my posts! :) I'm glad you made your own list of little things on your blog, too.

      Delete
  2. That was encouraging, C! I have been thinking about doing a thankfulness journal myself.. good inspiration. Time seems SO short though. But I will try.
    Love you and miss you and your little family (Like I REALLY have been missing your recently!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it encouraged you! It was encouraging just to write it. And I only took 10 or 15 minutes to do it, so I'm sure you can do it, too! :) I miss you, too! Wish we could see each other in person...maybe we can set up an individual Skype date soon! Love you!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Mann! You wrote on your blog AGAIN! How exciting! (No, seriously. Reading your blog is really fun!) I felt like I was getting a little picture of your day just by reading these things you were thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! I am so touched that you commented and that you enjoyed my list. You are one of my "list people" who often inspires me and makes me smile at the little glimpses into your day. :)

      Delete