Thursday, March 6, 2014

"You haven't updated in over a year!"

My sister gently reminded me of this recently. I do admit that I have sadly neglected my blog this year! I kept thinking I would update when life became more exciting - like when I had my baby. Then, surely, I would have more exciting things to write about!

Well, now my baby is officially six months old, and I have yet to write a single post about her. Or about anything else, for that matter!

I often begin reading my students' blogs and get a sudden inspirational urge to write on my own. But do you know what happens? I keep reading their blogs, enter grades, and, by the time I am done, I am feeling too tired to work up the creative energy to post anything!

So. Here I am. Posting!

Today is an exciting day because it is our "Family Day." Every Thursday, we set the evening aside to spend time together as a family. That means no working on productive things and no making plans with other people. Well, it's not always as "exciting" as it may initially sound. Sometimes we go grocery shopping (but even that is more fun when we're all together! And it's especially fun when we bring home fun treats - like peanut butter pretzel ice cream!). And recently, our "Family Day" activities have included house hunting! This afternoon, we are going to look at another house - a house that we've been very interested in but haven't been able to actually go see until today. I can get myself all worked up about this house, trying to imagine our family into it, using all my emotional energy getting my heart set on something actually happening in our house hunt! But, as my husband recently reminded me, this may be the only time we ever actually do house hunting, so we might as well enjoy it! And, more importantly, I need to remember that God is in control, He is good, He promises to provide for His people, and He cares even about these little details in our lives! Doesn't He remind us that He cares even about grass, flowers, and sparrows? How much more will He delight to provide to those who belong to Him through Jesus? He also tells us not to put our treasure on earth - "for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21).

So. No matter what this house-hunting entails tonight, I am praying that God will help us to be content, to trust Him, and to enjoy our time together as a family. And those are all things He cares about!

In "baby news," Elanor is learning to sit up by herself, which is just adorable. She is very interactive and talkative, too. I was talking to her Grandma Mann today (my mother-in-law) and telling her I hope that Elanor is the perfect combination of me and Garrett; I hope that she will be outgoing and talkative but also smart, focused, and submissive to authority! I know, of course, she won't be perfect (because, as Garrett reminds people, she's related to us!). I do pray regularly that she will love Jesus and be submissive to Him. And it would be a great blessing if she had a soft heart towards us as her parents, as well!

I'm nearly out of time and a little amazed at how much I could write in such a short time. It may not be the most creative of posts, but it is, indeed, a post!

There you are, dear sister, and any others who may choose to read!

(And here's a little photo of my sweet girl with her sweet auntie in Australia!)

1 comment:

  1. :-D So fun to read your blog post, Charity! Good'on ya! That was a lovely photo and thanks for the cute photo :) It is so good to read this post, hearing how trusting you were, and especially how God directed your paths showing that house was not all it was made out to be on paper. I will keep praying for your house hunting. Thanks for the reminder of how much God is in control and to put my treasures in Heaven not on earth. I love you very much and love reading your writing :)

    ReplyDelete